back to article Tumblr, Pinterest, Twitter hipsters exposed in Zendesk data raid

Customer service provider Zendesk has been hacked - potentially blowing the lid on the anonymity of some users of Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr. Zendesk, which handles helpdesk emails for the aforementioned trendy blog trio, copped to the breach of its network in a blog post last night. It admitted its system was illegally …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. frank ly

Familiarity -> Contempt -> Amusement

I've stopped being surprised by this sort of thing and the armchair indignation faded after a while. Now, I just smile and shake my head. Why, oh why ...... awwww, forget it, lol.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Electric Panda
    Facepalm

Twitter really need to look up something called "two factor authentication". They might even find it cuts down on the frequency and embarrassment factor of verified accounts getting owned every three seconds.

1. Valeyard

2 factor? for twitter?

sure why not, let's do it for every website. 2 factor authentication to post a comment on the register or answer something on stackoverflow. people won't get sick of that in a hurry at all.

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. sumwun
    Facepalm

Isn't two-factor authentication Google's opt-in service for harvesting mobile 'phone numbers?

6. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

Macs?

Were these all Macs that were exploited? The data is coming out slowly - unlike the attacks which are happening rapidly. Someone needs to fess up as to which systems are specifically vulnerable in these attacks.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like