France Telecom-Orange is offering forty grand in prize money to best applications using NFC, with a €5K bonus if it relies on an Orange SIM too. The competition is being run by the French arm of Orange, so the details are in French, but it's open to anyone who has a good idea for an NFC app and is looking for a some financial …
Screw off Orange / France Telecom
A bonus for making something that relies on one company's SIM? It's a moot point since I've got no clue when it comes to coding but if I were able I'd go to massive lengths to make sure it would work on anything except their SIM. I can't stand crap like that. I may not win a prize but if it meant screwing them out of their failed cornering of the market I'd be all for it.
I'm feeling particularly vindictive today. I don't need to make sense!
it would be nice if Orange got behind their own NFC products... Orange Quick Tap NFC payments can only be done on 2 or 3 phones... and not on any of the win8 phones that support the feature....
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...