France Telecom-Orange is offering forty grand in prize money to best applications using NFC, with a €5K bonus if it relies on an Orange SIM too. The competition is being run by the French arm of Orange, so the details are in French, but it's open to anyone who has a good idea for an NFC app and is looking for a some financial …
Screw off Orange / France Telecom
A bonus for making something that relies on one company's SIM? It's a moot point since I've got no clue when it comes to coding but if I were able I'd go to massive lengths to make sure it would work on anything except their SIM. I can't stand crap like that. I may not win a prize but if it meant screwing them out of their failed cornering of the market I'd be all for it.
I'm feeling particularly vindictive today. I don't need to make sense!
it would be nice if Orange got behind their own NFC products... Orange Quick Tap NFC payments can only be done on 2 or 3 phones... and not on any of the win8 phones that support the feature....
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked