Emulex, faced with a relatively static Fibre Channel HBA market and with the great white Ethernet-carrying FCoE alternative being as lively as a lethargic turtle, has decided to buy Endace, a New Zealand–based concern with Ethernet deep traffic inspection and analysis gear, so as to expand its addressable market. This got up …
Jesus, heaven forbid that a company seek to secure its future by hedging against a demonstrably stagnating market.
Isn't that exactly what they're supposed to be doing?
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON