A high profile security report released earlier this week detailing Chinese military involvement in widespread online attacks is itself now being used as a lure in spear-phishing attacks, according to researchers. The report, APT1: Exposing One of China's Cyber Espionage Units, published by security firm Mandiant, made headlines …
Never Let a Good Opportunity and Zeroday Vulnerability Get up and Go, Go to Waste
Hmmm? Worm, can and opening all spring to mind in the ponder on Mandiant's insecurity problems.
It would appear that in stark contrast to the leftpondians, the Chinese are veritable connoisseurs of irony.
What's really stupid is that this technique works so often - if that doesn't tell you something about the stupidity of so many people in upper management then you get just what you deserve.
I'm not saying you are wrong, but the reverse argument could be made that upper management believes their admins aren't living up to their salaries by allowing such a blatant security hole exist.
Very APT. That's all.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes
- Major problems beset UK ISP filth filters: But it's OK, nobody uses them