Yahoo! co-founder Jerry Yang is set to join the board of Lenovo. Yang, who infamously turned down Microsoft’s $40bn buy-out offer back in 2009, will attend board meetings but only as an “observer” – in other words, he’ll have no voting rights. Yang said in a statement that he would be sharing his experience as tech entrepreneur …
When I read this
I thought that the 2007 World Poker Champion got a new job making laptops.
Re: Very Special
Maybe they're going to try seeing what he recommends and then doing the exact opposite. It's the only reason I can think of for sane people to hire someone with his track record.
"Yahoo! co-founder Jerry Yang is set to join the board of Lenovo."
"Lenovo has also suggested it wants to position its ThinkPad range as an Apple-level premium brand."
Death wish. And they are taking no chances about it, either. It's kind of like playing Russian Roulette, but with two bullets in the gun.
...and that pistol being an automatic...
So! they'll! call! it! Lenovo!?
Time's up then
If you want a Lenovo laptop, get it now, before this numbnut has had a chance to screw it all up.
I like ThinkPads. I hope this muppet doesn't get too much influence.
Lenovo "wants to position its ThinkPad range as an Apple-level premium brand"
That's funny; it already is.
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Dell charges £16 TO INSTALL FIREFOX on PCs – Mozilla is miffed
- Google! and! Facebook! IDs! face! Yahoo! login! BAN!
- CIA snoops snooped on Senate to spy spy torture report – report