While flash arrays were the main focus of yesterday's NetApp announcements the company also uprated its high-end FAS6200 arrays with bigger disks, flash pools, more memory and the latest ONTAP software. We can update the table we produced when we first wrote about these new FAS arrays and here is our new quick take on the spec …
So a new 4TB drive and some additional memory, and this is worthy of a product launch and subsequent
Coverage by the Reg storage desk ?
There is a bit more significance to the announcement than the 4TB drives and additional memory. In particular the additional SSD cache and FlashCache capabilities for workloads like large virtual desktop environments as well as more memory to support future code levels and enhancements including additional cluster mode capabilities.
The Reg storage desk covers everyone's new model announcements, so no reason not to cover these.
Re: Oh Dear
So nothing significant then,,,,,
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...