HP CEO Meg Whitman says her eventual successor will be recruited from within the company and not externally as has been the case with the previous batch of bigwigs. Ever since it hauled in Carly Fiorina from Lucent, who was replaced by Mark Hurd, then Leo Apotheker and Whitman, onlookers criticised HP's board for bypassing …
old-fashioned "HP way
Was also to produce outstanding kit and stand behind it, supporting it for ever.
Not a combination of printer ink banditary and government IT 'consulting' projects
Re: old-fashioned "HP way
Wonder if they get away with the same price gouging/device hobbling with their missile guidance systems etc.
Bill Veghte will be HP's Elop.
some more mass sackings on way then ?
the magic words were used, people and career. Will there be anyone left to take over ?
Careful what you say.....
I wonder how long it's going to be before some analyst spins this as; "HP no longer able to afford to buy in top talent!" and appends a "sell" advice to that?
When's the next Senate Race in California?
She ran for the Republicans in the last Governors race in California - will she follow Carly Fiorina and run against Barbara Boxer for the Senat in 2016, or did the Governors race end her taste for politics?
Let's hope she can predict the technology markets too.
Howard Hughes. He knows how to build morale, generate business, staisfy customers and motivate people
- Analysis BlackBerry Messenger unleashed: Look out Twitter and Facebook
- Comment Mobile tech destroys the case for the HS2 £multi-beellion train set
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Things that cost the same as coffee with Tim Cook - and are WAY more fun