A question posed by El Reg to Australian opposition communications spokesperson Malcolm Turnbull has opened up something of a can of worms. It’s probably unfair to say that Turnbull “floated” or “supports” the idea of Australia imitating the Openreach “Fibre on Demand” model. He merely didn’t dismiss the notion out-of-hand. But …
Most links from the cabinet to the home are above ground.
I smell a telstra trough-snuffle.
Also, as fibre is optical, you could (ahem) pit Telstra against the electric utilities in terms of bidding for duct space. NBN should be talking to all the infrastructure players.
I was right in my comments to a previous article: it *is* the ADSL debacle all over again.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft unwraps WINDOWS 10: Seven ate Nine. Or 8 did, anyway
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9