A question posed by El Reg to Australian opposition communications spokesperson Malcolm Turnbull has opened up something of a can of worms. It’s probably unfair to say that Turnbull “floated” or “supports” the idea of Australia imitating the Openreach “Fibre on Demand” model. He merely didn’t dismiss the notion out-of-hand. But …
Most links from the cabinet to the home are above ground.
I smell a telstra trough-snuffle.
Also, as fibre is optical, you could (ahem) pit Telstra against the electric utilities in terms of bidding for duct space. NBN should be talking to all the infrastructure players.
I was right in my comments to a previous article: it *is* the ADSL debacle all over again.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia