A question posed by El Reg to Australian opposition communications spokesperson Malcolm Turnbull has opened up something of a can of worms. It’s probably unfair to say that Turnbull “floated” or “supports” the idea of Australia imitating the Openreach “Fibre on Demand” model. He merely didn’t dismiss the notion out-of-hand. But …
Most links from the cabinet to the home are above ground.
I smell a telstra trough-snuffle.
Also, as fibre is optical, you could (ahem) pit Telstra against the electric utilities in terms of bidding for duct space. NBN should be talking to all the infrastructure players.
I was right in my comments to a previous article: it *is* the ADSL debacle all over again.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.