A question posed by El Reg to Australian opposition communications spokesperson Malcolm Turnbull has opened up something of a can of worms. It’s probably unfair to say that Turnbull “floated” or “supports” the idea of Australia imitating the Openreach “Fibre on Demand” model. He merely didn’t dismiss the notion out-of-hand. But …
Most links from the cabinet to the home are above ground.
I smell a telstra trough-snuffle.
Also, as fibre is optical, you could (ahem) pit Telstra against the electric utilities in terms of bidding for duct space. NBN should be talking to all the infrastructure players.
I was right in my comments to a previous article: it *is* the ADSL debacle all over again.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE