Telecoms is not the fat market it once was as the low spend in the UK 4G auction showed today, and Euro telco giant France Telecom has also felt the pain. The former French monopoly telco had to write down €1.84bn on units in Poland, Egypt and Romania, which was partly to blame for the hefty 79 per cent plunge in profits year-on …
€1.2bn of that reduction in profits
Is listed against a part time working deal for employees near retirement age. They must have a lot of old staff on their books.
What would Hans Snook make of it?
The only innovation Orange has seen since FT bought it is in billing and new depths of marketing. If anything they should sell it all and release it from their death grip.
When you experience their service and attitude to their customers its no wonder their profits are down.
They don't realise there are alternatives now, both cheaper, faster with good customer service,
so the trend downward will continue.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests