Fibre Channel networking probester Virtual Instruments is going to expand into Ethernet-based file network probing and analysis, according to the 451 analysis group. The analysts also reckon an IPO is coming but said that Ethernet switching speed freak Arista is set on entering Ethernet network analysis too, giving VI real …
Gosh! Something new in Networking! Not.
Around a quarter century ago, Network General's Sniffer was a product I used often. It just plain worked, right out of the box. If you prefered FOSS, a promiscuous ethernet card and tcpdump worked quite nicely, and still is quite useful in the right hands, with some scripting (there were alternatives for token ring, arcnet, starnet, etc.).
Marketards and manglement need to stop trying to be engineers ...
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones