Fibre Channel networking probester Virtual Instruments is going to expand into Ethernet-based file network probing and analysis, according to the 451 analysis group. The analysts also reckon an IPO is coming but said that Ethernet switching speed freak Arista is set on entering Ethernet network analysis too, giving VI real …
Gosh! Something new in Networking! Not.
Around a quarter century ago, Network General's Sniffer was a product I used often. It just plain worked, right out of the box. If you prefered FOSS, a promiscuous ethernet card and tcpdump worked quite nicely, and still is quite useful in the right hands, with some scripting (there were alternatives for token ring, arcnet, starnet, etc.).
Marketards and manglement need to stop trying to be engineers ...
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity