Microsoft claims that Windows Server 2012 is the "Cloud OS", but is that a serious statement or just marketing hype? We know that thousands of you who are Windows Server users are planning to migrate to private cloud in 2013, so the answer matters as much to you as it does to us. Join The Reg's Tim Phillips for a live discussion …
And again, many people will missunderstand the title
While it was probably meant as "Why Windows Server 2012 is better than other Windows Servers", and probably meant to be something close to a marketing blurb, many people will read it as "Why Windows Server 2012 is better than something unixoid" and start complaining about that.
Those are different markets. People considering WS 2012 would probably never run a Debian, and people running Debian would probably never touch WS 2012 except for legacy applications.
Is 'Cloud OS' the new term for 'vapourware'?
Server 2012 is here....
No it's here now. The full product, with everything - shared nothing clustering and live migration - distributed networking, replication, automation, etc. Everything you need for a private cloud in fact - as I am busy designing and building right now for a busy trading floor environment with ~700 servers behind it - all moving onto Hyper-V.
One day, we're going to really, really regret this whole cloud thing.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast