Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk arguments are pathetic
Elon Musk's arguments basically assert that his car has major design faults and is unfit for purpose and must be babied to work. Specifically:
1. Musk says his car failed because it was not fully recharged.
A car should not require complete re-fueling or re-charging to make a non-maximum range journey.
2. Musk said his car failed because the journalist attempted to keep the interior temperature more than 42°F warmer than the exterior temperature.
If a car cannot heat the interior to 73°F when the outside temperature is 30°F it won't be able to heat the interior to 63°F when the outside temperature is 20°F. And in Canada, when the outside temperature is -30F Musk's car will not be able to keep the interior above 12°F (-11°C).
3. Musk said his car failed because the journalist drove it faster than 54mph.
If the car cannot do highway speeds without drastic loss or range, it is useless on highways.
4. Musk said the car failed because it was driven in a city.
If a car cannot handle a short trip in a city, it is useless for city driving.
5. Musk said the car failed because the journalist passed by a charging station without stopping.
If a car has to stop at every charging station or fuel depot it is useless.
Useless on highways, useless in cities, useless in winter, unable to pass a re-charging station without stopping -- Elon Musk, you're in a hole and the more you dig the deeper it is getting.