Amazon has encroached further onto the turf of traditional web-hosters with a DNS Failover upgrade to its Route 53 DNS service. The free upgrade lets developers use the DNS Failover feature to automatically route traffic to a backup website hosted on Amazon S3, or to a site hosted in another AWS region if part of the Amazon …
Time to fix and reroute is based on the TTL specified, if you login and look at the healthcheck settings it says that Route53 recommends 'less than 60 secs' TTL for a DNS entry in order to reroute quickly. You have full control over all the DNS settings so - do it as quick as you want.
I'm using it, it is really very very good.
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth
- What did you see, Elder Galaxies? What made you age so quickly?