Feeds

back to article Microsoft's Azure SQL Reporting FAIL

Microsoft's Azure cloud is grappling with an "unexpected outage" in its SQL Reporting component. The failure in the US East data-center hub began on Sunday night and meant the SQL Reporting Service suffered "service degradation" – a softie-euphemism for anything from intermittent connectivity to outright failure. "We are aware …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Bronze badge
Joke

Repeat after me:

Nothing to see here, please go away.

Or at least that is what Microsoft would have you believe.

Silver badge
Joke

@Herby

Haven't you read the stories regarding the release of the Surface Pro? Microsoft have changed their strategy; there are no bugs any more, only features.

This isn't a fail, its a sign of how extremely popular Azure really is and that everyone is using it. In fact; the outage alone is merely proof that we all should sign up because if it is so popular it has to be good, right? ;-)

Just like the Surface; customers weren't unhappy because Microsoft released too few devices; on the contrary. The device was so immense popular that Microsoft couldn't meet the demand..

Anonymous Coward

Re: Repeat after me:

It's still working in both the European regions - all of our instances seem to be working OK.

Azure might have the occasional hiccup, but it's still been a lot more reliable than AWS...

Anonymous Coward

It runs on Windows Server

What do you expect ?

Coincidently it's patch Tuesday coming up so it must be those 10 reboots they have to do after patching.

This post has been deleted by a moderator

Re: We need an "Of Death" Subriquet

Microsoft is not the cloud Eadon - Microsoft is part of the cloud. What I don't understand is why people would put such a massive fail between them and their productivity?

This topic is closed for new posts.