Feeds

back to article George Bush's family emails, pics ransacked - and spewed online

A hacker put personal photos of George H W Bush online this week after reportedly breaking into the former US president's family email accounts. One of the leaked snaps shows the 88-year-old Republican recovering from a serious illness in a hospital bed in December last year. His relatives' emails and contact details were also …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

This post has been deleted by a moderator

Anonymous Coward

Re: Obama hack

Oh, for a second there I thought you were talking about Harry's real father.

Anonymous Coward

Man, I hope you were kidding....

I may not like Obama's politics, but this stupid birther crap needs to die. He's elected; that train, if it ever even existed, has left the station.

Bronze badge

They made a stupid mistake when they released a PDF of the birth certificate.

Instead of the PDF having a single image of the birth certificate it has 9 layers making up the image. Because of this conspiracy theorists claim it is photoshopped and not the real birth certificate.

The layers contains the following:

1. Background, outline of form, signature of Attendant, signature of local registrar, start of signature of parent.

2. Most of the printed text of the document, dates of signatures, rest of signature of parent.

3. Certification stamp and signature of state registrar

4. Date stamp from when the copy was made (Apr 25 2011)

5. Date stamp accepted by general register (Aug 8 1951)

6. Date assigned by local registrar (Aug 8 1951)

7. His mother's occupation (None).

8&9. Various smudges.

You can download the certificate here: http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/rss_viewer/birth-certificate-long-form.pdf

NOTE: I have no doubts about the authenticity of the document. I think some numpty at the Whitehouse decided to clean up the scanned copy and the 9 layer image is a result.

Bronze badge
Facepalm

Given that Obama was born in 1961, not 1951, I think just about anyone would be suspicious of a supposed birth certificate dated ten years before that. I'm hoping it was just a stupid mistake on your part rather than part of a wacko birther scheme.

Bronze badge

My mistake. It's 1961 on the form.

Silver badge
Trollface

would that smoking gun have been recently used to shoot skeet???

i think we should be told

Silver badge
FAIL

Mr. Hagood, meet Mr. Trump

Silver badge

After the patriot act, this seems only fair.

Silver badge

Wrong Bush

Anonymous Coward

You DO know that Obama enthusiastically supported and signed the Patriot act too, right?

Silver badge

> You DO know that Obama enthusiastically supported and signed the Patriot act too, right?

...and if his email was hacked too I would not shed enough tears to moisten a very small thing.

> Wrong Bush

Just beating around the bush. I daresay daddy has some publicly-funded things he'd rather keep out of the spotlight too.

...not that I have a particular axe to grind with US presidents...I dislike every politician who helps erode the privacy of the public whilst masking their own actions; when things should be completely the opposite way round.

re: Wrong Bush

You actually think it makes a difference?

Silver badge

I daresay daddy has some publicly-funded things he'd rather keep out of the spotlight too.

Oliver North could probably say for certain.

Silver badge

Completely unrelated

Oi Reg! Where's my fucking silver badge. I want edit, dammit!

Silver badge

Re: Completely unrelated

Hahaha loser. Seriously though didn't realize edit functionality was not for everyone. What do you get when earn gold (star ha)?

Silver badge

You only get edit with silver. Gold badge holders -I believe- get the film of their choice torrented and delivered personally by Andrew Orlowski.

Silver badge

YAY! I'm rich! I'm socially secure! I have edit!

EDIT: See? Who's the loser now?

EDIT AGAIN (Because I can): It's still me, isn't it? *sigh*

Silver badge
Coffee/keyboard

"get the film of their choice torrented and delivered personally by Andrew Orlowski."

I think I just gave myself a hernia from laughing so hard.

Pint

Drivel alert.

Silver badge

so how come you only have silver?

(do they not do a Burberry one?)

Joke

I bet the hackers were on the hunt for another kind of bush.

Shocking

That they have not yet blamed the Islamist terrorists' plot behind1 this.

One more reason to crack the whip and an additional law passed for the security services and snooping agencies.

Anonymous Coward

Re: Shocking

Nah, enemy du jour is China, but I guess this story leaked before they could fabricate the required evidence. All the people who can do that are presently helping Google with that..

</conspiracy theory>

Silver badge

Re: Shocking ....... and About Fucking Time Aweful?

Who's/What's to say it is not the work of the security services and snooping agencies .... flexing their new found virtual muscles and smarter AI team intelligence and taking over the reins of a novel reality to be led by other than idiots in service of enriching themselves at the expense of everybody else?

Or do you imagine the globes finest in special service are only fit for scratching their balls and doing as they are told by ....... well, let us just say the not very bright and emotionally retarded? After all, it is inevitable and there is no time like the present to deliver fabless stirling engined lead to the future, is there?

Pussies or lions? What do you think that they be? What do they think that they be and/or wannabe? Does intelligence take orders or issue them?

So many questions, so much time, so many probabilities in a world of infinite possibilities.

Bronze badge
Happy

Coming Soon

I predict a cold federal prison cell in Guccifer's future.

Anonymous Coward

Re: Coming Soon

Imagine the trail leads to some IP addresses in either London or Ecuador (it's been far too quiet from that corner, I wonder when they get fed up with him).

Bronze badge
Black Helicopters

Look! It's a dron....

Someone will pay for this. There are empty cells at Guantanamo awaiting.

Mushroom

It's nice to finally get confirmation that the mighty leader of the penguin underground is also a certified wingnut. The troll can't help it.

Silver badge

Bush Koch

Admit it, you sniggered too.

Correction

Paragraph nine should read -

...was infamous for his lie: "Read my lips, no new taxes"

FAIL

George Dubbaya Bush......

I don't really want to see any of their pictures, unless it's on toilet paper...

But I'd love to see a cache of "interesting, compromising and socially challenging" pictures go through the web.

To see George W's home grown version of "Two girls, one cup."

Including the CIA grade coke and a crate of bourbon.

Fail: "Yes it's funny they have been hacked.... but for fuck's sake - who wants to see their shit?"

Anonymous Coward

I don't care...

...for George Bush but I hope the hacker(s) are hung by their thumbs in a public forum for a few months to make a point that hacking is wrong. After 3-4 months the hacker(s) can be set free as i am sure they will have learned their lesson.

Bronze badge

The sad thing is

some people will actually want to see this stuff

Silver badge

Re: The sad thing is

and most of them will be Reg commenters who still have a Hate On for Bush Sr.

Silver badge

I cannot believe....

that dubyah wasn't the attack vector,

cos i'll bet you a pound to a pinch of shit his password is 'password'

and double or quits that it takes him at least 3 goes to get in.

Silver badge
Facepalm

Re: I cannot believe....

Dude, this twit thinks he's somehow helping world peace or whatever fantasy trip he's on by releasing a pic of someone recovering in hospital? Seriously, I'm amazed he can use a keyboard.

Joke

Re: I cannot believe....

that's why they swapped dubayh's PC for a microwave oven with a keyboard and mouse taped to the side! he can't be trusted with anything more technical ( i hear they also had to unplug the microwave as he even made that insecure!)

This topic is closed for new posts.