There has been an unwanted bid for Qualstar, a small tape products and power supply vendor, with an activist investor wanting to drag the company into his vision of a profitable enterprise. Steven Bronson and the BKF Capital Group, which he controls, are bidding $1.65/share for 3 million shares, valuing their bid at $4.95 …
Title too long
Qualstar said it had $19.6 million of cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities at the end of the quarter. For Bronson and BKF to bid $3.5 million and get influence on that looks a good deal
So he's buying $19,000,000 with less than $4,000,000. Nice work if you can get it. Where's that carpet bagger icon I asked for?
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Nobody wants to look at your boobs: Snapchat gets ads 'that interest you'
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun