In our recent Regcast A DC That Takes Care of Itself, one question came up several times: how well does the type of hardware monitoring advocated by the panel integrate with the monitoring capabilities of other parts of the data centre? There are two aspects to this question: first, how applicable to your hardware are the …
Not there yet - add another ten years?
Integrated management was the focus of many development ambitions in the late 1980s. Seems it is still as elusive as the late Donald Michie's hopes for AI - the two areas of research are probably related.
"You should be able to deliver more without the wage bill going up – or even being aware of the actions being undertaken to preserve the service."
Unless I misunderstand, not being aware of actions take to preserve the service tells me that I'm not going to know as peices break; that is, until the last redundant part breaks and the whole pile comes crashing down.
If HP could deliver on the promises of their software, that would be fantastic. Unfortunately, the workflows and interfaces in their management tools remain arcane and clunky. Someone may deliver on this promise, but it won't be HP.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests