Cisco has joined a trio of investors committing $8m to OpenStack startup Piston Cloud, which has a tech team led by an ex-NASA brain. The networking giant is committing the money as part of Series B funding with the Data Collective and Swisscom Ventures. They join existing investors Divergent Ventures, Hummer Winblad and True …
I think you'll find those billions are in fact millions.
Is it Billions or Millions
>and Piston Cloud has said the money would be used to “enhance” products, grow the customer base and establish new partnerships
With 8 Billion they can do a lot more than that:
Buy a couple of Islands, a luxury yacht or two, a football team and "El Reg"..........
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone