Cisco has joined a trio of investors committing $8m to OpenStack startup Piston Cloud, which has a tech team led by an ex-NASA brain. The networking giant is committing the money as part of Series B funding with the Data Collective and Swisscom Ventures. They join existing investors Divergent Ventures, Hummer Winblad and True …
I think you'll find those billions are in fact millions.
Is it Billions or Millions
>and Piston Cloud has said the money would be used to “enhance” products, grow the customer base and establish new partnerships
With 8 Billion they can do a lot more than that:
Buy a couple of Islands, a luxury yacht or two, a football team and "El Reg"..........
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'