Cisco has joined a trio of investors committing $8m to OpenStack startup Piston Cloud, which has a tech team led by an ex-NASA brain. The networking giant is committing the money as part of Series B funding with the Data Collective and Swisscom Ventures. They join existing investors Divergent Ventures, Hummer Winblad and True …
I think you'll find those billions are in fact millions.
Is it Billions or Millions
>and Piston Cloud has said the money would be used to “enhance” products, grow the customer base and establish new partnerships
With 8 Billion they can do a lot more than that:
Buy a couple of Islands, a luxury yacht or two, a football team and "El Reg"..........
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp