According to readers of The Register, Private Cloud is creeping towards being a central plank of IT with more than 30% of them estimating their IT will be based on such a dynamic infrastructure within the next three years. This isn’t a project that can be done at server level in isolation of course. Rather, it’s a project that …
So what is the definition of Private Cloud versus Virtualised Infrastructure for a Company.... Pah!
Private Cloud == Local Network Server Farm!
Errr... No. A private cloud is the ability to move workload round a series of otherwise functionally identical computers. As the OP says, it could well be seen as just a VMware farm with v-motion, or the hyperv equivalent, but you need the ability to move workload, preferably automatically.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids