Cisco has vowed to push 40GE Ethernet switches into the mainstream while also improving its 10GE/40GE Nexus boxes. The transition to 10GE networking is well under way, and the convergence of server and storage traffic onto switches continues apace, albeit at a slower rate than Cisco Systems had hoped. Despite this, the …
Please Cisco, Juniper, et al, can we have some lower-end 10Gb/s switches ?
Netgear have http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2012/10/9/netgear-announces-new-10gbe-switches.aspx so more should start to arrive soon,
Stick a few Cisco switches together with their wonderful interface-specific block-first logic Spend s41tloads - make your network crawl. Bandwidth is vanity - latency is what people notice. And I'm talking to you too cloud providers.
Would you mind explaining a bit more about your comment "interface-specific block-first logic", please? I do LAN and DC work but I've not come across this before and it sounds interesting </geek>
Why so many ...release end of first half this year, after second quarter, end of century, whateva? Products not ready at all? Cisco peeing in the pants when Arista just delivers.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Driverless car SQUADRONS to hit Britain in 2015