Feeds

back to article Filthy! old! blog! bug! blamed! for! Yahoo! webmail! hijacks!

Yahoo! webmail accounts are being hijacked by hackers exploiting an eight-month-old bug in the web giant's blog, security biz Bitdefender warns. Messages with a short link to an apparently harmless MSNBC web-page are being spread to compromise mailboxes: the link actually points to a completely different website hosting …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Bronze badge
Childcatcher

Eight-month-old bug

Failure! To! Patch! Leads! To! Security! Hole!

This is almost (unfortunately) a non-event. I hate added layers of bureaucracy as much as the next guy, but until there is an external mandate, this sort of crap will happen far to frequently.

They are clueless

Yahoo allows a phish mail targeting them (yes, Yahoo!) into inbox of their users.

No tricks, no Javascript trickery, no Bayesian trickery.

Plain phish mail. I got the mail here.

Silver badge
FAIL

Re: They are clueless

I get loads of "Yahoo!" phish mails. The obvious giveaway is there is no purple "!" icon beside it so I know it is a fake. Then there's the level of English used - you'd have thought a big scam targetting thousands/millions of users might stretch to finding a native English speaker to write the message...

Icon, however, for the utter stupidity of Yahoo! allowing into its system a message claiming to be from "Yahoo!" (indeed "Yahoo!" anywhere in the sender's name) - such messages should be auto-nuked (from space, it's the only way to be sure).

PLEASE! STOP!

THIS! SILLY! FORMATTING! FOR! EVERY! YAHOO! RELATED! STORY! IS! GETTING! REALLY! TEDIOUS! YES! WE! GET! IT! YAHOO! HAS! AN! EXCLAMATION! MARK! AFTER! IT'S! NAME! WE! GOT! IT! THE! FIRST! TIME! YOU! DID! IT! THREE! HUNDRED! YEARS! AGO!

ENOUGH! NOW! PLEASE! STOP!

Silver badge
This topic is closed for new posts.