The ownership of Dell, the company, may be in flux, but Dell's aspirations in the software business are clear, and with the launch of a new control freak for Dell Active Infrastructure integrated systems, Dell wants companies to use its system and hypervisor management tools instead of alternatives from hypervisor makers such as …
"The base configuration has one Compellent SC8K array with three storage trays. The storage setup has one 24-bay SC220 tray filled with *****13 SAS drives***** that have 200GB of raw storage capacity mated with two SC200 trays (each with 24 bays) and that have them full with 600GB 10K RPM disk drives.
That gives you 48 disks with 28.8TB of storage and *****13 SSD drives***** with 2.6TB. This ratio of disk to flash meets HANA's stringent appliance guidelines."
One of these things is not like the other. I suspect you meant 13x200GB SSDs in the first paragraph, just sayin'.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets using glowing KILL RAY
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked