Feeds

back to article Apple regains 'el numero uno' market-value crown

Just a few short days ago, Apple slipped from its position as the world's most valuable company when oil giant ExxonMobil passed it in market capitalization. Well, it's back on top. Apple and Exxon have been tossing the title back and forth for the past few days, but when the market closed on Tuesday, Apple was comfortably ahead …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

This post has been deleted by a moderator

Anonymous Coward

Re: The gods help us

Oh ghastly megacorps - you sound like a hippy. Guess we should not shop at Tesco and god forbid we have a mobile phone or ... oh yeah pretty much anything else.

Anonymous Coward

Where to start? I just don't know, except you've just added "enterprise business finance" to the ever increasing list of things you obviously know nothing about.

How do you seriously propose that IBM get the money to buy MS? Even if they wanted to, which they almost certainly do not.

It is mega corps that created our industry. No mention for intel in your rant?

Bronze badge
FAIL

Do you do anything but whipsaw from one topic to the next posting incoherent troll messages?

Bronze badge

"Apple will always be around"

Ha ha ha, that was the funniest part for me.

Bronze badge

Protein from the sea!

Anonymous Coward

"In addition, the Microsofties couldn't have been too pleased with Tuesday's reports that a 128GB Microsoft Surface Pro is actually an 83GB Microsoft Surface Pro"

Laughable.

Silver badge
Trollface

OS bloat

"In addition, the Microsofties couldn't have been too pleased with Tuesday's reports that a 128GB Microsoft Surface Pro is actually an 83GB Microsoft Surface Pro"

----

Good lord that's a lot of space for an OS. Nevermind whether 640K is enough for everyone, before long 640G won't be enough for Microsoft!

Bronze badge

Re: OS bloat

Good lord that's a lot of space for an OS.

A big chunk of that's Office, isn't it? Not that forcing Office on people will make the Surface any more beloved.

Stop

Market news...

...is to tech news what standing at Speakers Corner in a clown suit shouting "WAH DRIBBLE DRIBBLE WAH!" through a megaphone is to polite dinner conversation. #justsaying

Bronze badge
Happy

Apples to Oranges.

I'm not defending the Big Oil companies, so don't get me wrong there. But how on Earth does a company that makes it monies off of portable web browsing devices, become worth more than the supply of Petroleum?

When the Zombies of the Apocalypse come, grab your mobile!

Detachment might be the biggest key aspect in Apple's success.

Re: Apples to Oranges.

Well, because share value is determined byexpected value increases. Doesn't matter if you have an insane business plan or if you will be out of business in six months (at least, not directly). As long as your next price is higher than your current one, people will make money.

Oil isnt sexy or clever. Tablets are. But if apple goes out of Favour or fashion. Watch the price burn...

Value?

Valuable to whom?

Oil and snake-oil.

Trollface

Considering how much of the storage on an MS tablet is needed for the OS and accompanying software they NEED 128 gigs!

Anonymous Coward

Rik! Really?

Your getting excited about a company!

Have you listened to your self? Tragic!

Anonymous Coward

Pot -> Kettle.

Facepalm

Pot meet Kettle, Kettle meet Pot.

Bronze badge
Pint

Oblivious are the money makers?

It's all smoke and mirrors anyways.

As long as I can still afford a pint at the pub.

This topic is closed for new posts.