If you squint real hard and tilt your head a little bit, you can see the difference between this year's fourth quarter at Juniper Networks and the quarter it turned in a year ago as 2011 came to a close. In the quarter ended in December, Juniper's product sales were down a barely perceptible two-hundredths of a point to $847.3m …
interesting choice of words...
"The reality is that server and storage virtualization is making customers think __hardware__ about their network strategies ..."
I like it.
Why don't they ever compete on price?
I have a small amount of Juniper kit in my Data Centres, some 8200's and 4500s. Given their tiny market share against Cisco, I'm always bemused why they don't price more agressively. We're in the process of upgrading to 10gig and the price differential is no negligible that it's hard to persuade all the die hard Cisco lovers to try something new.
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Episode 4 BOFH: Oh DO tell us what you think. *CLICK*