A 59-year-old ex-healthcare worker was arrested today by cops probing allegations of bribes paid to public officials and police alongside an investigation into phone-hacking by journalists. The Met said its officers cuffed the suspect at about 6.30am at his home in the Knowsley area of Merseyside, and the property was searched …
You have to wonder how an organisation, News International, that was so clearly breaking the law is allowed to investigate itself. I suspect that the Management and Standards Committee are ensuring that only the little people get thown to the wolves, and are not passing on anything that incriminates the higher ups.
agree with you chris
I'd be gobsmacked if anybody higher up the food chain than Rebecca Brooks is arrested never mind jailed. That £10m (or was it more) pay-off to Brooks was to ensure that it goes no further up and that she'll take the fall for it. If she is jailed than my guess is that within 12 months of her release she will have a job at a Murdoch paper in either the US or AUS
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout