Three weeks into 2013, not even the end of January, and three storage companies have been bought. Are we seeing the first stirrings of a buying frenzy as mainstream suppliers get better placed for flash, software-defined data centres and the cloud? The first of the acquisitions was that of struggling storage media supplier …
STEC seems to be a huge liability/lawuit magnet and OCZ's reputation for drives that brick is so widespread that only HP has OEM'd them. When your only major win is the disaster known as HP you're screwed. There's a reason Seagate ended up passing on them.
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Episode 4 BOFH: Oh DO tell us what you think. *CLICK*