At last week's Open Compute Summit 2013, the people behind the open source hardware project were showing off some enhancements for the Open Vault JBOD storage array that Facebook has cooked up for its own use in its two newest data centers and presumably will be added to its existing data center. The Open Vault array, known by …
2 Quick ones.
1. What is there current setup; what does KO replace?
2. Is KO anything more than increased power efficiency?
Seems to me if you are doing 350 million pics daily, you might not want to change what is currently working for you, at least not so quickly (Facebook isn't even a decade old).
- JLaw, Upton caught in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Facebook to let stalkers unearth buried posts with mobe search
- Page File Love XKCD? Love science? You'll love a book about science from Randall Munroe