At last week's Open Compute Summit 2013, the people behind the open source hardware project were showing off some enhancements for the Open Vault JBOD storage array that Facebook has cooked up for its own use in its two newest data centers and presumably will be added to its existing data center. The Open Vault array, known by …
2 Quick ones.
1. What is there current setup; what does KO replace?
2. Is KO anything more than increased power efficiency?
Seems to me if you are doing 350 million pics daily, you might not want to change what is currently working for you, at least not so quickly (Facebook isn't even a decade old).
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star