back to article Telstra inks 4G roaming deal for Hong Kong travelers

Australian business travellers to Asia received a boost at the tail end of last week after telco giant Telstra announced the availability of 4G international roaming in Hong Kong courtesy of operator CSL. The deal with CSL, which Telstra bought back in 2002, will give users access to the company’s 4G network at the same prices …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Magani
    WTF?

Have I got this right?

Telstra, through a company it already owns, is charging Telstra customers the same exorbitant rates as every other overseas telco.

At $15/MB, their offer of "...video streaming, surfing the net or downloading large files on their mobile devices..." doesn't really cause me to race off and turn on data roaming.

I may have missed the point, but where's the big deal in this press release? It's still a rip-off.

1. John Tserkezis

Re: Have I got this right?

will give users access to the company’s 4G network at the same prices as 3G roaming users.

Going on what they charge for 3G roaming, you would bloody well _expect_ to get 4G too.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

$15 a MB!!!!

Yeah great, business travellers bills are about to skyrocket, dear IT my 4G card now works in Hong Kong, I downloaded a movie last night so fast, just like a home!!!! Sorry for the Bill…

What I don’t get however, is CSL offer their users, the equivalent of $25 per day, unlimited data in 35 countries, including Australia, which is a better deal than getting a local Telstra 3G card for heavy users.

3. baswell
    FAIL

Rack up charges at $150 per second

Find a good location, a fast site and rack up charges at $150 per second.

Awesome.

4. xpusostomos

Unaffordable

Unaffordable at 3G speeds. Now REALLY unaffordable at the rate you can stream 4G. Thanks Telstra.

NOT!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like