DataStax, the company that was founded to take the Cassandra NoSQL data store created by Facebook commercial and therefore usable by mere enterprise data centers, is keeping to its cadence and is rolling up a new release of its DataStax Enterprise Edition. The company has also put out an update to its Community Edition, which is …
Apache have a lot of amazing open source libraries and apps for big data processing. It's remarkable and fortuitous how open source has become the cutting edge, best of class solution for enterprise level problems. Just as well, it makes big data less patentable, we need to keep software out of the grasp of the patent trolls, and Apple, Google and MS come to that. In fact, let's ban software patents.
- Analysis BlackBerry Messenger unleashed: Look out Twitter and Facebook
- Comment Mobile tech destroys the case for the HS2 £multi-beellion train set
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Things that cost the same as coffee with Tim Cook - and are WAY more fun