Cisco has taken an one per cent equity stake in Parallels, a minor virtualisation software vendor. Best known for desktop virtualisation wares, especially the Parallels desktop for Mac which offers a way to run Windows on Apple PCs, the company also offers a range of data centre virtualisation tools. Most are aimed at service …
Hopefully Cisco are interested in the Parallels Automation product, not just its virtualization.
Parallels Automation is targeted at service providers needing automation & billing with customer and reseller portals.
They have strong links with Microsoft, we are using it for our Hosted Exchange 2013 service and Lync. It would be ideal if this Cisco interest encourages vCloud support alongside Hyper-V.
OMG, "Hilton Romanski" ? That's just epic, does he use that to check into hotels as well?
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...