Facebook, the company behind the founding of the Open Compute Project that is opening server, storage, rack, and data center designs, gave a sneak peek this week at some new models that it is working on and could donate to the OCP cause. At the Open Compute Summit in Santa Clara this week, Frank Frankovsky,vice president of …
That works out to an additional 7PB in the Facebook Photo data store every month
For a humble tech dealing with much smaller infrastructure, everything about Facebooks photo storage gives me a headache. Pretty awesome all the same though.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination