EMC has named the first 75 members of the “Elect”, a group it says will “span the gap between brand loyalty and brand advocacy.” Announced last November and pitched as a “community-driven, peer-nominated recognition program that acknowledges distinguished contributions to the EMC community by employees, customers, and partners” …
the mark of the cult of EMC
"EMC Elect members get to pop this logo on their blogs and .sig files"
That's handy - I'll be able to easily spot the fanbois that are working pro bono for EMC's marketing team, and ignore their attempts at "holistic social engagement" whatever that is.
1 of the 3 items: "Great conversations on Twitter"
Pass that hurdle and sport a "time waster" logo.
You have to nominate yourself?
If you have to nominate yourself for distinction, it really isn't a distinction worth noting.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court