EMC has named the first 75 members of the “Elect”, a group it says will “span the gap between brand loyalty and brand advocacy.” Announced last November and pitched as a “community-driven, peer-nominated recognition program that acknowledges distinguished contributions to the EMC community by employees, customers, and partners” …
the mark of the cult of EMC
"EMC Elect members get to pop this logo on their blogs and .sig files"
That's handy - I'll be able to easily spot the fanbois that are working pro bono for EMC's marketing team, and ignore their attempts at "holistic social engagement" whatever that is.
1 of the 3 items: "Great conversations on Twitter"
Pass that hurdle and sport a "time waster" logo.
You have to nominate yourself?
If you have to nominate yourself for distinction, it really isn't a distinction worth noting.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'