ARM server chip upstart Applied Micro Circuits was all over the Open Compute Summit hosted by Facebook and its server and data center designing friends in Santa Clara, with several partners flashing devices based on Applied Micro's forthcoming 64-bit X-Gene ARM-based processor. Company president and CEO Paramesh Gopi also gave a …
Everything old is new again
How long before the rack holding the main compute nodes in a data centre is called the "Main Frame" :)
I notice also that front panel LED's are becoming more common too. I hope we soon get back to the wall of flashing lights paradigm so beloved by Hollywood. So much more comforting than acres of humming fridges
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix