Fusion-io is open-sourcing its ioScale hardware design and plans to donate it to Facebook's Open Compute Project (OCP). But anyone who uses the ioScale design kit will have to use Fusion-io's own-brand controller tech. At the Open Compute Summit running today and tomorrow in Santa Clara, Fusion-io co-founder and CEO David Flynn …
Still, a bit open is better than 100% closed.
OCP sounds like something from Robocop.
"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- New material enables 1,000-meter super-skyscrapers