Supercomputers at two Australian research organisations have experienced substantial downtime after glitches hit their storage area networks. West Australia’s iVEC experienced an outage, detailed here, that saw its Data Direct Networks (DDN) array and the 1152-core Fornax machine unavailable for around four days. iVEC’s …
Why the hell are these systems allowed to run Linux?
Unstable at any speed.
Must be Dell Hell.
I deal in the mess of Compellent daily. The pay is good tho.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?