Supercomputers at two Australian research organisations have experienced substantial downtime after glitches hit their storage area networks. West Australia’s iVEC experienced an outage, detailed here, that saw its Data Direct Networks (DDN) array and the 1152-core Fornax machine unavailable for around four days. iVEC’s …
Why the hell are these systems allowed to run Linux?
Unstable at any speed.
Must be Dell Hell.
I deal in the mess of Compellent daily. The pay is good tho.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'