DataDirect Networks and Panasas, watch out: disk enclosure and test equipment supplier Xyratex has swung into a loss due to reduced demand from NetApp for Xyratex enclosures and the contraction of the HDD industry to just three manufacturers. Xyratex is climbing out of this revenue fall by selling HPC and Big Data arrays to OEMs …
Yet activist investors call on it to stop investing in HPC and Cloud
Baker Street Capital discloses its stake is now at 23%, and issues an open letter in which it: 1) Nominates 3 board members. 2) Calls on Xyratex to halt its big investments in HPC and cloud hardware solutions, as well as curtail SG&A spending.
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE