DataDirect Networks and Panasas, watch out: disk enclosure and test equipment supplier Xyratex has swung into a loss due to reduced demand from NetApp for Xyratex enclosures and the contraction of the HDD industry to just three manufacturers. Xyratex is climbing out of this revenue fall by selling HPC and Big Data arrays to OEMs …
Yet activist investors call on it to stop investing in HPC and Cloud
Baker Street Capital discloses its stake is now at 23%, and issues an open letter in which it: 1) Nominates 3 board members. 2) Calls on Xyratex to halt its big investments in HPC and cloud hardware solutions, as well as curtail SG&A spending.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Shivering boffins nail Earth's coldest spot