DataDirect Networks and Panasas, watch out: disk enclosure and test equipment supplier Xyratex has swung into a loss due to reduced demand from NetApp for Xyratex enclosures and the contraction of the HDD industry to just three manufacturers. Xyratex is climbing out of this revenue fall by selling HPC and Big Data arrays to OEMs …
Yet activist investors call on it to stop investing in HPC and Cloud
Baker Street Capital discloses its stake is now at 23%, and issues an open letter in which it: 1) Nominates 3 board members. 2) Calls on Xyratex to halt its big investments in HPC and cloud hardware solutions, as well as curtail SG&A spending.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system