Twitter has revealed that real, live, flesh-and-blood people are one of its key tools for analysing data in real time, and that it finds the people it needs with an unconventional approach to crowdsourcing. The micro-blog’s engineering team has published a post in which it explains that trending topics post a tricky challenge as …
I appreciate the Soylent Green reference
I call shenanigans
Presumably Twitter pays salaries + benefits to get 24/7 sysadmin cover, working shifts, so that's not it.
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Rejoice, Windows fans: Stable 64-bit Chromium drops for Win 7 and 8