Twitter has revealed that real, live, flesh-and-blood people are one of its key tools for analysing data in real time, and that it finds the people it needs with an unconventional approach to crowdsourcing. The micro-blog’s engineering team has published a post in which it explains that trending topics post a tricky challenge as …
I appreciate the Soylent Green reference
I call shenanigans
Presumably Twitter pays salaries + benefits to get 24/7 sysadmin cover, working shifts, so that's not it.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!