GlobalFoundries, the amalgamation of AMD and Chartered Semiconductor's fabs and the world's second largest independent wafer baker, is taking a $2bn pile of cash and building a new research center that hangs off its flagship Fab 8 plant in Malta, New York in an effort to keep pace with rival Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing …
I wonder if the Fab Plant get's its power from the Niagara River Power station?
Re: Just curious...
Power from Niagara is all along the eastern seaboard, Canada, Michigan and Ohio. Back around a decade ago when a power company in Ohio triggered an event that knocked power out to most of the above, Niagara turbines were shutdown automatically like all of the other plants. So, yes, some of the power would come the Niagara power station as well as other mixed in.
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- The long war on 'DRAM price fixing' is over: Claim YOUR spoils now (It's worth a few beers)
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp
- Dell thuds down low-cost lap workstation for
cheapfrugal creatives or engineers
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370