GlobalFoundries, the amalgamation of AMD and Chartered Semiconductor's fabs and the world's second largest independent wafer baker, is taking a $2bn pile of cash and building a new research center that hangs off its flagship Fab 8 plant in Malta, New York in an effort to keep pace with rival Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing …
I wonder if the Fab Plant get's its power from the Niagara River Power station?
Re: Just curious...
Power from Niagara is all along the eastern seaboard, Canada, Michigan and Ohio. Back around a decade ago when a power company in Ohio triggered an event that knocked power out to most of the above, Niagara turbines were shutdown automatically like all of the other plants. So, yes, some of the power would come the Niagara power station as well as other mixed in.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER