Dish Networks continues its mobile aspirations with a bid for Clearwire, offering more cash than the existing offer from Sprint, but with more strings attached. The offer from Dish, which Clearwire describes as "unsolicited" and "non-binding", amounts to $2.2bn for a significant slice of Clearwire radio spectrum and an ongoing …
Sprint already controls Clearwire; it's the remaining shares up for grabs here
Sprint already controls 51.7% of Clearwire; this bid is for the remaining stock in Clearwire. Because of US security laws, Sprint has to treat the minority shareholders "fairly"; hence the non-Sprint Clearwire board members running the show and other requirements for the bids and procedures.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor