Dish Networks continues its mobile aspirations with a bid for Clearwire, offering more cash than the existing offer from Sprint, but with more strings attached. The offer from Dish, which Clearwire describes as "unsolicited" and "non-binding", amounts to $2.2bn for a significant slice of Clearwire radio spectrum and an ongoing …
Sprint already controls Clearwire; it's the remaining shares up for grabs here
Sprint already controls 51.7% of Clearwire; this bid is for the remaining stock in Clearwire. Because of US security laws, Sprint has to treat the minority shareholders "fairly"; hence the non-Sprint Clearwire board members running the show and other requirements for the bids and procedures.
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Bring back error correction, say Danish 'net boffins
- That GIANT ASTEROID that killed you? Just 'colossal bad luck', old DINOSAUR chap