Dish Networks continues its mobile aspirations with a bid for Clearwire, offering more cash than the existing offer from Sprint, but with more strings attached. The offer from Dish, which Clearwire describes as "unsolicited" and "non-binding", amounts to $2.2bn for a significant slice of Clearwire radio spectrum and an ongoing …
Sprint already controls Clearwire; it's the remaining shares up for grabs here
Sprint already controls 51.7% of Clearwire; this bid is for the remaining stock in Clearwire. Because of US security laws, Sprint has to treat the minority shareholders "fairly"; hence the non-Sprint Clearwire board members running the show and other requirements for the bids and procedures.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support