De Vere hotels had legacy systems, systems that needed updating but, most of all, it had lots of servers doing different things. Having grown by acquisition, it needed to consolidate if it wanted to realise its plans for customer service. It did this using a private cloud created by ANS Group, based on NetApp's FlexPod. On …
Customer: "Hello, I'd like to check in please"
Receptionist: "I'm sorry, but our internet connection is down. Can you come back tomorrow?"
Customer: "It's OK, I know how to hack the room locks. I brought the kit along just in case"
Receptionist: "Terrific! You can stay for free in the Presidential Suite if you can help us open some other rooms. We'll throw in a magnum of champagne for every floor you do"
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln