De Vere hotels had legacy systems, systems that needed updating but, most of all, it had lots of servers doing different things. Having grown by acquisition, it needed to consolidate if it wanted to realise its plans for customer service. It did this using a private cloud created by ANS Group, based on NetApp's FlexPod. On …
Customer: "Hello, I'd like to check in please"
Receptionist: "I'm sorry, but our internet connection is down. Can you come back tomorrow?"
Customer: "It's OK, I know how to hack the room locks. I brought the kit along just in case"
Receptionist: "Terrific! You can stay for free in the Presidential Suite if you can help us open some other rooms. We'll throw in a magnum of champagne for every floor you do"
- SMASH the Bash bug! Apple and Red Hat scramble for patch batches
- BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9