De Vere hotels had legacy systems, systems that needed updating but, most of all, it had lots of servers doing different things. Having grown by acquisition, it needed to consolidate if it wanted to realise its plans for customer service. It did this using a private cloud created by ANS Group, based on NetApp's FlexPod. On …
Customer: "Hello, I'd like to check in please"
Receptionist: "I'm sorry, but our internet connection is down. Can you come back tomorrow?"
Customer: "It's OK, I know how to hack the room locks. I brought the kit along just in case"
Receptionist: "Terrific! You can stay for free in the Presidential Suite if you can help us open some other rooms. We'll throw in a magnum of champagne for every floor you do"
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE