Feeds

back to article AWS puts sysadmins on call everywhere, all the time

Amazon Web Services has built an app capable of driving its cloudy services from an Android device. The Amazon team has clearly ordered every volume of poetry on offer in the company's online bookstore to come up with the app's name: “The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Management Console for Android”. For now, the app can tackle the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

a cloud management tool in your pocket

I've had a cloud management tool in my pocket for months now, for Rackspace. I rarely have to use it though.

Bronze badge
Facepalm

HOW reliable???

"cloud servers said to be so reliable you don't really need to worry about administering them anyway"

Said by whom? Certainly not Amazon. OK, they claim 99.999999999% durability and 99.99% availability for data in S3 - their most ambitious and so-far justifiable assertion - but they've never made any similar claim for EC2 server instances or the other infrastructure components. And no-one's ever claimed you can run an AWS setup without occasional administration - what about applying security patches, or keeping an eye on Auto-Scaler usage, or revising your infrastructure to minimise billing, when price changes happen?

Pirate

24/7 celphone not good enough.

As a dedicated employee and manager of all IT and Security services I don't want anything in my pocket, could care less about 0.01 spikes in use over and above anything, the cloud isn't making my life better it is making it a pain in the pocket-book . . .

This topic is closed for new posts.