We hear from insiders that EMC has a new all-encompassing storage system in development that includes object storage. It's based in Seattle, it's called the Bourne Project, and EMC no doubt hopes it will kick ass like the eponymous hero of the movies. But there's some doubt surrounding the new project's impact on current …
Sounds like the return of Invista
Out of band storage virtualization, that was Invista's domain. It lost IBM's in-band SVC storage virtualization.
However, VMware ESX 6 vVols will provide a new storage abstraction. Perhaps Bourne will have hooks into ESX 6 to provide more automation.
Re: Sounds like the return of Invista
Invista lives on as part of Vplex, if you use EMC Powerpath it identifies VPLEX luns as invista. EMC combined the invista technology with Yada Yada ip to add Active-Active clustering and made it a much better product in terms of performance and scalability with much more serious array hardware.
Anyone else read "Azure Bonds" and have a flutter of nostalgia for the SSI D&D games...?
*sigh* I'm old...
The article quotes discussion about "control plane(s)”.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE