NetApp and Amazon have devised Private Storage for AWS with a NetApp array in a colocation facility with a Direct Connect link to AWS and data replicated to it from a customer's own NetApp array. When should NetApp customers go to the expense of doing this? We're told by a person close to the situation that the rationale for …
Skim read it
Says that access to Amazon quickest from Brazil.
Surely not news?
You can keep you Volga comments to yourself.
Brazil := Phorm :-(
Good luck with the <3mS latency once you end up having your traffic intercepted and redirected via Phorm's crufty old bit of kit sitting in the UK.
I don't think I get where this is aimed at
I mean it surely can't be the typical "cloud" approach. A DSL line has _far_ greater latency than those 3 ms, if you are lucky you have 10 ms of latency there.
And if you are already inside a data-centre, you can typically have your own harddisks or flash. You don't need to have those in another data-centre. Unless you want to do backup... where latency is largely irrelevant.
- Asteroids as powerful as NUCLEAR BOMBS strike Earth TWICE YEARLY
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor
- Patch iOS, OS X now: PDFs, JPEGs, URLs, web pages can pwn your kit
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe