DRAM and NAND chip supplier Micron has recorded its sixth loss-making quarter with revenues the lowest they have been for almost three years. How long can this go on? Revenues in the first fiscal 2013 quarter plunged to $1.8bn, 14.6 per cent lower than a year ago and 10 per cent down on the previous quarter. Micron declared a …
There is a rumor...
...making the rounds that there is a worldwide economic recession that has existed for the past five years and is likely to continue for the next five years. This rumor seems to account for many PC industry companies recent sales drops including benchmark Intel. With high unemployment worldwide, it's unlikely most PC companies are going to see an improvement in revenues or profits any time soon.
Micron bought Numonyx to diversify
The DRAM Biz ain't what it use to be and PC sales are struggling. That's why Micron has gotten into SSDs and other areas to bolster their revenues. The acquisition of Numonyx could make or break Micron. Only time will tell.
Race to the bottom, thanks to Google and others trying to get prices down so they can flog cheap phones and tablets to people, while destroying the industry in the process.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?