Dell is buying BYOD and end-point data protection specialist Credant Technologies for an undisclosed sum, but we make a stab at calculating it below. Privately held Credant was founded in 2001 in Addison, near Dallas, Texas - not too far away from Dell near Austin, and has offices elsewhere in the USA, the UK, and Sydney, …
Sounds like whoever started Credant had his crystal ball out and did a good job of predicting the data management mess that mobile devices and storage would lead to. I don't know how good their products are and this El Reg advertorial isn't likely to say anything bad about their products but 11 years is a long enough time to get it right.
Shame I never thought of it so early myself, let alone when I first got my hands on "mobile" laptop devices. The first one I used was an orange plasma screen affair that produced so much heat you could cook dinner on it. You also needed to be very quick when unplugging it from one mains power socket to plug into another...
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Episode 4 BOFH: Oh DO tell us what you think. *CLICK*