The most frequent users of mobile location services are the most clueless, according to research conducted for Australia’s telecommunications and media regulator. The Australian Communications and Media Authority research found that “high frequency” users of the services “were less likely to display an understanding of the range …
No shit Sherlock. The reason Apple is so popular with the plebs is that they don't need to play with the setup.
99% of users never go into settings and pick the default settings when asked. They don't read the screen and just hit OK
If privacy is a concern, get the manufacturer to have it turned off by default. Currently they make more money when it's not.
One wonders why the ACMA didn't start with the obvious, and then move on with suggestions to fix the obvious problem of clueless idiots using technology beyond their comprehension ... but then I realized it was a government agency, just as clueless as the users, but with a bigger budget.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER