back to article Yahoo!'s Mayer, Apple's Cook 'Person of the Year' finalists

Time magazine has revealed its "shortlist" for its annual Person of the Year award – the honoree to be revealed this Wednesday morning – and for reasons known only to the editors of that 89-year-old clarion of democracy, Yahoo! CEO Marissa Mayer and Apple CEO Tim Cook are among the eight finalists. We don't wish to be …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Headmaster

A small error

I think the phrase you're looking for is not anti-Apple Reg commentards but people with a clue.

1. Captain DaFt

Re: A small error

I agree.

When the mainstream press is full of "Apple sues everybody" stories, and such tidbits as the Apple maps flap, even non-tech people start noticing.

2. FrankAlphaXII
    Devil

Interesting

That 4chan think the supposed gas chambers that were supposedly at Kwan-li-so No. 22 are for real, unless it is indeed a coincidence.

If it is the case its highly ironic really, as the only testimony about the gas chambers comes from a former officer of the State Security Agency (sometimes referred to as the National Security Agency by North Korean defectors or as the State Security Department or Ministry of State Security by North Korean authorities) by the pseudonym of "Kwon Hyok".

If it is indeed true, the anarchists are following the word of a North Korean security cop, they're 50 times worse than the Stasi (depending on your Songbun status) and about as corrupt as the RUF were in Sierra Leone. And this one's actually killed people as opposed to just scaring the hell out of them and extorting them like most Security Police in North Korea.

The possibility of these fools following someone like that highly amuses me, as dark a thought as it is.

3. beep54
    Devil

And in other news:

Kim Jong-Un is now recognized as the sexiest man alive! Well, at least for the rest of the year....

4. dogged
    Stop

There is no Tim Cook.

That's a Paul O'Grady character.

Here's the proof.

Slap a Bet Lynch wig on him and you'd have Lily Savage.

1. Erwin SchrÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂöDinger
      Facepalm

Re: There is no Tim Cook.

@dogged, a million thanks. The "Tim Cook looks like someone and I can't quite place it" thing has been bugging me for ages...

5. Anonymous Coward 101

Marissa Mayer only got picked because she is fit.

6. CmdrX3

Obama won then, how predictable

Not that I have anything against him, but Malala Yousafzai should have won this one by a country mile.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like