USB and camera/phone flash chip vendor SanDisk has bought into flash array startup Whiptail. Now why exactly, and how, is SanDisk doing this? A Wall Street Journal blog gave the game way. SanDisk is announcing a $75m venture fund to buy stock in companies that help SanDisk's strategic interests. The first buy is stock in …
Purpose built 3PAR flash array
HP announced they are building it(perhaps quietly), but no details
"In addition to mixed SSD/HDD and all-SSD configurations across the HP 3PAR StoreServ family, HP has announced the intent to develop an SSD-optimized hardware model based on the 3PAR operating system."
this is of course different from the existing systems plugged with a bunch of SSDs.
where is flash going to land?
With stt-ram and mram supposedly around the corner... what's the prognosis for all flash vendors?
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM