USB and camera/phone flash chip vendor SanDisk has bought into flash array startup Whiptail. Now why exactly, and how, is SanDisk doing this? A Wall Street Journal blog gave the game way. SanDisk is announcing a $75m venture fund to buy stock in companies that help SanDisk's strategic interests. The first buy is stock in …
Purpose built 3PAR flash array
HP announced they are building it(perhaps quietly), but no details
"In addition to mixed SSD/HDD and all-SSD configurations across the HP 3PAR StoreServ family, HP has announced the intent to develop an SSD-optimized hardware model based on the 3PAR operating system."
this is of course different from the existing systems plugged with a bunch of SSDs.
where is flash going to land?
With stt-ram and mram supposedly around the corner... what's the prognosis for all flash vendors?
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Review Fiat Panda Cross: 'Interesting-looking' Multipla spawn hits UK