Convirture, one of the early entrants to put out virtualization and cloud management tools, has finally done what it has needed to do for years to break into the big-time with enterprises: Support VMware's ESXi hypervisor with its ConVirt control freak. A cynic would say that this is when VMware will swoop in to buy Convirture. …
I understand the importance of it and how great it will be to have ESXi control outside of VMware but for pricing it looks like they have taken the one off cost with VMware and replaced it with a cost per host plus the normal VMware host license costs making it more expensive for all but he smallest deployments that would not look at this anyway.
Looks to be more of a tick the box than actually worth using unless it was to help move to free hypervisors.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Tor attack nodes RIPPED MASKS off users for 6 MONTHS