Convirture, one of the early entrants to put out virtualization and cloud management tools, has finally done what it has needed to do for years to break into the big-time with enterprises: Support VMware's ESXi hypervisor with its ConVirt control freak. A cynic would say that this is when VMware will swoop in to buy Convirture. …
I understand the importance of it and how great it will be to have ESXi control outside of VMware but for pricing it looks like they have taken the one off cost with VMware and replaced it with a cost per host plus the normal VMware host license costs making it more expensive for all but he smallest deployments that would not look at this anyway.
Looks to be more of a tick the box than actually worth using unless it was to help move to free hypervisors.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!