For the past two and a half years, the members of the Transaction Processing Council consortium, which creates and audits transaction processing and data warehousing benchmarks for systems, has been working on a virtualization benchmark. The new test, called TPC-VMS, has finally made it out of committee and is ready for use. …
I think this says a lot
They don't want to compare bare metal with VM performance because it isn't good. I've done quite a lot of tests myself with KVM, Xen and Solaris zones. I have to say VM performance is very poor compared to bare metal and I'd have to advise against running a database in a VM if you're serious about performance.
Re: I think this says a lot
Well, Power based servers from IBM are always virtualized, so no real surprises there.
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops