For the past two and a half years, the members of the Transaction Processing Council consortium, which creates and audits transaction processing and data warehousing benchmarks for systems, has been working on a virtualization benchmark. The new test, called TPC-VMS, has finally made it out of committee and is ready for use. …
I think this says a lot
They don't want to compare bare metal with VM performance because it isn't good. I've done quite a lot of tests myself with KVM, Xen and Solaris zones. I have to say VM performance is very poor compared to bare metal and I'd have to advise against running a database in a VM if you're serious about performance.
Re: I think this says a lot
Well, Power based servers from IBM are always virtualized, so no real surprises there.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests