For the past two and a half years, the members of the Transaction Processing Council consortium, which creates and audits transaction processing and data warehousing benchmarks for systems, has been working on a virtualization benchmark. The new test, called TPC-VMS, has finally made it out of committee and is ready for use. …
I think this says a lot
They don't want to compare bare metal with VM performance because it isn't good. I've done quite a lot of tests myself with KVM, Xen and Solaris zones. I have to say VM performance is very poor compared to bare metal and I'd have to advise against running a database in a VM if you're serious about performance.
Re: I think this says a lot
Well, Power based servers from IBM are always virtualized, so no real surprises there.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER